Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 5 - 7 - 12

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 9:31

Subconscious - that infuriating part of a person's brain which never responds to interrogation, merely gives little meaningful nudges and then sits humming quietly to itself, saying nothing.

Douglas Adams

One off the gladest moments in human life, methinks is the departure upon a distant journey to unknown lands. Shaking off with one mighty effort the fetters of habit, the leaden weight of Routine, the cloak of many Cares and the Slavery of Home, man feels once more happy. The blood flows with the fast circulation of childhood....afresh dawns the morn of life...

Sir Richard Francis Burton
Journal Entry (2December1856)

I wonder whether any other generation has seen such astounding revolutions of data and values as those through which we have lived. Scarcely anything material or established which I was brought up to believe was permanent and vital, has lasted. Everything I was sure or taught to be sure was impossible, has happened.

Winston Churchill
Roving Commission: My Early Life (1930)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 5 - 7 - 12

Like all three quotes equally. Often wonder what is going on subconsciously when at an completely unrelated moment something drops out of the file folder in the brain.

For me, going on the spur of the moment to someplace I have never been, has always been the most fun.

Just thinking, all the people even from just 50 years back, what would they make of today, the good and the bad?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here