Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

May Day, I repeat, May Day

endorphinjunkie
12 years ago

Such an apt day to be born.

Happy Birthday Jazmynsmom, uhmm, Michelle.

Comments (14)

• lilod
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday, Michelle! Have a nice one, full of goodies and dog kisses - and other kisses -enjoy!

• pamven
    12 years ago

Have a happy day!!!

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday! Even the sun showed up for a few minutes to say all the best wishes,

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday, Michelle---may this year have much happiness in store!

• mawheel
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday, Jazmynsmom, aka Michelle.

P.S. Could/would you post some new doggie pictures?

• batyabeth
    12 years ago

nice! Many happy returns of the day, m'dear............

May Day, yes. Workers of the World, Unite!!

• endorphinjunkie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I was thinking more of dancing around a maypole....

• Janis_G
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday, Michelle.
    I know you are living life to the fullest each and
    every day so may each and every day be filled to the brim
    with love and laughter.

I miss your parties and the critter
    stories.

• jazmynsmom
    12 years ago

Thank you all! I'm grateful to be remembered. There's been so much fun and celebration lately I'm a little overwhelmed. Earlier in the week I went out to dinner and Cirque du Soleil with a couple of good friends. Yesterday I had my third of three cocktail making classes, went home to recover from the "homework" for a little while, and then went to an unbelievably fabulous dinner with a couple we really like to celebrate her birthday and mine, which are within days of one another's. Tonight, this same friend and I are ditching our husbands to go out and celebrate all over again with a girlfriend. Tomorrow night Steve and I are meeting a couple and their young child for dinner to celebrate my birthday and her "Name Day" (a big deal in Eastern European circles).

Later in the week Steve and I hop on a plane to spend nine days in Lisbon, Portugal. He's speaking at a medical conference and I'm along for the adventure. I have a market tour/cooking class scheduled for myself on one of the days he's busy, and I'm confident I can entertain myself for a couple days until his conference is over and we can both go play for the rest of the trip.

I'm still tutoring ESL about six hours a week, and learning new things at work. In a nutshell, I'm busy, but it's mostly "good busy."

Dorph, I love the whole pagan-fertility-festival aspect of my birthday. Spring is, by far, my favorite season, and if I could have chosen a day to be born, this would have been it!

mwheel, be careful what you wish for! Here are a couple photos I snapped earlier today:

Izzy is on the "injured reserve list" after piercing her paw with an unknown object while standing in nasty dirty muck yesterday (she was having a the time of her life up until that moment). She's dazed and confused on pain killers and doesn't seem to mind her inflatable airplane pillow at all.
    {{gwi:158826}}

This is Toolie out by the daffodils in our back yard. She's getting so big, but is still much smaller than Izzy.
    {{gwi:158829}}

Tallulah isn't very good at sitting still for photos. This one made me laugh.
    {{gwi:158832}}

• gabriell_gw
    12 years ago

Happy birthday Michelle, I hope you have many many more. So sorry to see your injured dog.

• mawheel
    12 years ago

Oh, Michelle, thanks so much for posting the pictures; hope Izzy's injured paw heals quickly.

I like the way you celebrate your birthday; much more fun than doing it all in 24 hours. :>)

• User
    12 years ago

Happy birthday Michelle if a bit late but the week is yours and sounds like a blast.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    12 years ago

I know I've already said it, but I have to say it again "Happy Birthday!" I'm certain you enjoyed it. Hope you get to rest from all your revelry!

• gandle
    12 years ago

Have been away from a computer for a few days but Happy belated birthday. Know you will enjoy Lisbon, we love it and the surrounding cities.