Like an old barge
Tethered to a dragging anchor
Rocking in the wake
Of sleek, swift speedboats

I am walking with my cane, accompanied by Gussie, Maximus and Taffy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thoughts on the way to the hen-house

And here I've been, picturing you atop a floating pedal boat. Smiling from ear to ear. Nothing old or dragging 'bout that. None of us could match those soft paws.

:)

o

Good words to describe
the Unsinkable Lilo.

Onward, ever onward, Lilo!

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 31, 11 at 13:07

Rob: we had a nice launching of the Pond Pedaler, since then she sits on the edge of the pond and got rained on enough to have turned into a bath-tub and it shall rain way into June

o

Hope to come visit some day and go for a peddle paddle around the pond. Say hi to the chickens.

o

Tue, May 31, 11 at 17:53

Hey Don, visit would be nice, you'd love my woods, particularly the Madrone Forest and pedal around the pond, terrorizing the catfish is fun

o

Lilo!
You have MADRONE trees?!!!!----red/white splotchy bark
looking like a painting by someone on drugs?!!!

We in the east don't even know half of your colors out there----even from a jet at 35,000 ft, we can't say the names of your colors, because we've never SEEN them before!

You live in magic....

o

Oh I know about the rain in CA this spring.It is unusual and unexpected. Can you get someone to help turn that boat upside down until the rain stops?

o

Could you make some of that rain come this way? It's beginning to get a little scary.

It seems so wasteful to run the sprinkler on the lawn, but it's drying up and dying. Those spots where the grass died last year are bare. Even the weeds don't like it that dry!

I'd even be glad to see nothing but dandelions and clover. At least they wouldn't wilt by noontime.

o

Wed, Jun 1, 11 at 13:52

West Gardener - the boat belongs to Ron and Joann, I am just a passenger - so it's up to them how to deal with it.
Agnespuffin - would if I could! I want to see all our grass/weeds turn brown (golden) they way they are supposed to, all that green is beginning to make me nervous :>))

o

• Posted by gmatx z6 TX Panhandle (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 2, 11 at 13:27

I'm with Agnespuffin - send us some of that moisture, please. It's so dry here. We haven't had but 1/2" of rain this year. The wildfires are nearly a daily occurrence around here with quite a few homes burned to the ground. With the constant wind we are having, also, the firefighters are having trouble getting the fires put out. We now have several of the Forestry Service planes/helicopters station here to help out.

Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here