Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
He doesn't get to pick the B-B Que sauce again

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 9:47

Oh, the flavor was very good if you could get close enough for the flames. That was the volcanic hot sauce. Even he who practically drinks Tobasco sauce said thats pretty warm. The brand was Famous Dave's but the heat level was atomic blast hot. I scraped as muchof the sauce off but it was still hot enough to start a grass fire. Famous Dave must make several levels of heat.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: He doesn't get to pick the B-B Que sauce again

Did something similar this weekend. I made a dish that had been bland and decided to add a jalapeno to it, but with the seeds and membrane. A whole jalapeno. We were guzzling milk and finally just gave up and threw it out. We're gonna try again with half of a jalapeno and NO seeds or membrane. Guess the boy and I are heat wimps!

o

I like spicy, but Joann is the one who loves super-heated. When we eat the a Thai restaurant, she always makes sure er order is "extra spicy", I think she just doesn't want to share (smiling)

o

Add my younger son to the "extra spicy" set at Thai restaurants. I too like spicy but like to keep my mouth blister free.

o

Lol, no hot/spicy/salty stuff while I'm cooking. I cook bland, and if someone want's hot, they can BYO. I won't feel insulted.

o

Have been working on a bottle of habanero sauce and bought a ghost pepper plant last week, jalapeno is just every day stuff. Have always liked the spicy ones but not just peppers, there are horse radish, wasabi, gingers and other pepper like condiments.

Look under "Culinary herbs and spices" for the link to "Main article: List of culinary herbs and spices" in the link below that gives some of the spicy spices used. Mixing these into recipes can be an art and result in some that sneak up on you or just get it over with quickly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here