Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stir-fry seasoning

Posted by meldy_nva z6b VA (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 11:35

I like stir-fried vegs, even with meat added. For years, I've tried one recipe after another, hunting for the just-right taste for a sauce that would go taste good no matter which vegs ended up in the pan. I found a few good recipes, but none were quite what I wanted. Then a few months ago, I found "Simply Asia", a pre-mixed selection of spices designed just for stir-frying. *This* was the elusive blend of flavors I had been looking for! Reading the ingredient list shows nothing unusual, just the right blend of the right seasonings.

DH also likes it, so I now serve stir-fry about twice a week, with a resulting dip in the grocery bill. I just bought the vegs - that will make at least 8 servings. Including a large Korean cabbage (not as much bite as standard), a small bag of baby bok choy, a large carrot, a garlic bulb, onion, and some celery, the grocery bill came to $4.16. Oh, that included 3 lbs bananas and 2 apples. I guess $3 covers the vegs. The spice mix costs about 8cents a meal - the large jar was expensive, but it makes a lot of meals (I still have about 3/4 jar left). I use clear-jel instead of standard cornstarch for thickening, so leftovers reheat nicely, just a quick zap in the microwave.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stir-fry seasoning

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, May 15, 13 at 17:54

The ingredients for your stir-fries sound delicious, also healthy. Isn't it great when something tastes good and is also good for you?

o

We will try to find it. Sounds great.

o

Is simply asia the name of the spice blend, or the brand? The brand Simply Asia has spice blends on their website, but then are further broken down into Kung Pao, etc. But then, their spice is in packets not jars.

I'm curious because I'd like to acquire it or replicate it? Something like that. I love an Asian sauce on zucchini then grilling it. This sounds like it'd be perfect for what I want.

:)

o

I found a Simply Asia, ginger teriyaki, stir-fry sauce in our local grocery store. It was in a pouch, ready to use. I fixed some basmati rice, bought a bag of frozen stir fry veggies, defrosted some shrimp and made a fab stir fry meal.
The sauce is excellent. The bonus is that even DH likes it.
Thanks for the tip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here