Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meldy_nva

Stir-fry seasoning

meldy_nva
10 years ago

I like stir-fried vegs, even with meat added. For years, I've tried one recipe after another, hunting for the just-right taste for a sauce that would go taste good no matter which vegs ended up in the pan. I found a few good recipes, but none were quite what I wanted. Then a few months ago, I found "Simply Asia", a pre-mixed selection of spices designed just for stir-frying. *This* was the elusive blend of flavors I had been looking for! Reading the ingredient list shows nothing unusual, just the right blend of the right seasonings.

DH also likes it, so I now serve stir-fry about twice a week, with a resulting dip in the grocery bill. I just bought the vegs - that will make at least 8 servings. Including a large Korean cabbage (not as much bite as standard), a small bag of baby bok choy, a large carrot, a garlic bulb, onion, and some celery, the grocery bill came to $4.16. Oh, that included 3 lbs bananas and 2 apples. I guess $3 covers the vegs. The spice mix costs about 8cents a meal - the large jar was expensive, but it makes a lot of meals (I still have about 3/4 jar left). I use clear-jel instead of standard cornstarch for thickening, so leftovers reheat nicely, just a quick zap in the microwave.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions