Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 5 - 27 - 12

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 16:52

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 5 - 27 - 12

I agree with the quotes above. WW11 was more than 60 years ago and I'm so glad the US and Eisenhower came to our aid and helped set us free.
There must be a better way to set people free.

When I think of Egypt at this time, it seems they have managed to build more voting boxes than weapons after their "war".

The Syrian people are in the throes of batteling for freedom.
I hope they will be building voting boxes instead of weapons.
Keeping an eye on the US here, there is a financial war going on, very little blood or loss of physical life, but a threat of the American Dream.

o

Thank you, Don, for posting these quotes, Eisenhower was a true hero of mine, I obtained US citizenship just in time to be able to vote for him.
And how are you doing?

o

Eisenhower is one I think about with respect too. There is s much happening in the world today and so many that use untruths to forward their agendas. Not like it was then as I remember.

Lilo, it will be three weeks Tuesday that the thyroid is gone. Did not know the calcium would suppress the thyroid med so was taking them both at the same time. Major loss of energy but set strait by the Doctor and slowly improving.
Still have a sore throat especially when calling the kitties. Hopefully will get ablation at end of June.

How is the new eye lens working? Missy wants me to get a bit better before she has hers done.

o

Thanks, Don, you still have a way to go with your doctoring, don't you? Wishing you all the best outcome.
My eye is performing extremely well, I dan nor write without glasses, though the left eye is not as cooperative, it will gets it's turn June 14.
The procedure, dreaded because of the eye-phobia I have, was easy, the team was so good and reassuring, healing did not take long at all, after getting uses to the new vision, it was a easy thing, wearing very dark glasses in the sun, though.
Give Missy my best wishes, she will be so pleased once it's done.

o

Good quotes for this weekend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here