Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Well, that was a disaster

gandle
12 years ago

Finally had a nice day so was working in my shop. Door was open as usual when I'm in there. Had a bunch of small parts of many kinds of wood that I had from scraps. Was very carfully assembling them and beginning to glue up some small parts, Had just put some clamps on them and was starting to drill before driving a small screw when something large and black flew right under my nose and the cat was about 6 inches behind it. A grackle had flown in the open door and the cat was right behind it. It flew over to the east window and tried to escape through the closed glass. the cat jumped up on a bench by that window and was swatting at the bird. Then it flew to the closed north window and the cat even jumped up on the table saw which was near the window, she couldn't get ahold of anything on the slick iron surface so she went crashing into some lathe tools and dislodging a bunch of them. The bird finally flew out the door but I have a total mess on my bench and I even whacked myself in the upper lip with the drill handle when I'm not sure which one of the participants went under my nose. I can't even find the square screwdriver bit I was just about to use in the drill. I'm thinking about putting a screen door on the shop. The mess will wait til tomorrow.

There is a bottle of maiwein in the refrigerator think I'll have a glass or two.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists
More Discussions