Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did I overlook something?

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 18:21

Did I miss out on spring and summer? It's snowing hard and a hard freeze is forecast for tonight. Maybe 2 inches of white stuff on the ground and more falling.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did I overlook something?

Naw, you did not miss anything, spring will come and summer will follow. Your spring may be very short and go right into hot, hot weather.Perhaps you will have a new season, Sprummer.
We had one of those one year.

o

It was 71 today 95 tomorrow and 99 Friday.

o

We still have that yo-you effect. Heater in the morning, A/C at noon and 2 days hot, then 3 days cool and rain. No more frost though, I hope.

o

45º this morning - to get to 90º in the afternoon. First day over the eighties it's been real nice.

o

97 Tuesday, 45 yesterday, 18 wind chill factor right now with hard freeze predicted again for tomorrow morning. No moisture for us although some in the upper Texas Panhandle did get a little snow and there was some small amounts of moisture in the eastern Panhandle earlier this week. I think we are going to have Wintmmer because we sure haven't had any spring! I've decided that I won't put up my Carhart coat just yet......

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, May 2, 13 at 13:01

These reports are fascinating! We are finally having REAL Spring weather in WV's Eastern Panhandle: brilliant sunshine, cloudless blue sky, just a little breeze, and the temp is 66 degrees. IMO, it doesn't get any better than this!

o

I'm getting really envious!

o

Santa Ana winds raising dust so thick looks like smoke, hot air off the desert and very dry. Going out to double team on the watering. Weather underground says 97. There is a fire near the foothills and 400 fire fighters are busy working on it.

o

93 on the patio. It must be close to 100 in the sun. My tomato plant is losing it's flowers, the potted cactus is practically cooking in the pot so I brought them inside.
mwheel, I remember those perfect early spring days back east.
I agree "IMO, it doesn't get any better than this!".

o

Hm. We're in the 50/60 in the morning and 70/80 in the afternoon. Spring is here. We must've stolen it from you!

o

It is just so dry, CalFire declared Fire Season on May 1, that is about a month earlier than usual, one may still burn, though a permit is required, we decided to skip it, too windy, too risky, of course an unburned burn-pile may also be a fire hazard, but a lesser one, for sure.
There are dry T-storm in the forecast - shades of '08, scary stuff

o

Yea, I heard that and IMMEDIATELY thought of you Lilo. Stay really safe.

o

Malibu has not burned for a while so the brush build up is likely heavy.

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Monster' California wildfire reaches ocean, pushes toward Malibu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here