Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Give your real age.........

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 18:47

I signed up for a Youtube account a couple of days ago, everything went fine until I entered my birth year. I put 1940, that makes me 71. I received a note written in bright red, paraphrasing here. You age does not look right, give your right age.
I filled it out three more times and got the same note.For some reason they accepted my age on the 5th try and they accepted my application.
I guess their programmers have not included anyone over 12. Miffed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Give your real age.........

You make me want to try just to see if mine looks right. Looks all wrong to me, but I can't figure out a way to claim another year.

Sometimes, the Truth hurts.

Maybe they are hoping that anyone over 21 will give up after the third or forth try.

o

agnespuffin, give it a try. Us seniors have to stick together.

o

I put a link to my Youtube video below. Lol, it's all about the Lantana plant invading our patio.That's my interest at this time. At age 71 I don't get much further than my garden, but I'm finding out how to make a video and post it on the web.

Here is a link that might be useful: Invasion of the LantanasI

o

That's great!!! For a first time youtuber, you did just fine!

Enjoyed it. Thanks

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, May 18, 12 at 21:27

Westgardener, I'm impressed! Your video is great and your flowers are beautiful, even if they are taking over your garden. Wonder why they have to know your age, anyway? What difference does it make? They probably think somebody as old as 71 wouldn't know how to make a video and post it on Youtube. In my case, they'd be right! :>)

o

Great Video, Westgaredener! I'm not sure why they want age, the beauty of the Internet is that we can associate with anyone we have something in common and age or appearance, even gender, doesn't always matter. In real life it is easier to categorize folks.

o

Well done on the video---even the music was great!
Wish the Lantanas around here would act up like that!

The first time I saw one in my neighbours' garden, I was amazed and have called it the "Birthday Party' plant ever since! It LOOKS like a party and West, yours is partying HARD!

Here in Va, we have to winter them over inside...

o

Well done on the video---even the music was great!
Wish the Lantanas around here would act up like that!

The first time I saw one in my neighbours' garden, I was amazed and have called it the "Birthday Party' plant ever since! It LOOKS like a party and West, yours is partying HARD!

Here in the mtns of Va, we have to winter them over inside...

o

Thank you for your kind comments about the video. Youtube is a big place and I'm wandering the halls, trying some doors and trying not to get lost. Lol.

Re the age thing. I think they are trying to match up the ads to my age group.
Little do they know, that most of my spending is for my children and grandchildren these days.So if they want to match me up with demographics, do ages from 5-50.
Anyway, I'm having a ball with Youtube.

o

Here are some stats from my video.

"Audiences
This video is most popular with:

Female

65-

Male

45-54"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here