Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
May Day

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Sun, May 1, 11 at 19:32

Some thoughts about May Day.

It is a glorious day here in the SF Bay area.
The salmon fishing season is starting today and for the first time in several years there are enough salmon to make it a full season. Conservation and restrictions works.

The SF Bay sailing season starts today. Anyone with a vessel with a sail will be out on the bay. DH and I went to Sausalito one year and watch the boats, it a beautiful sight.

There were many groups marching in SF for several causes. Especially worker's rights.

For many years, especially during the "cold war", I'd see reports and pictures on tv about the Russian military parade showing their military strength. I have not seen a single report this May Day.
Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: May Day

WG,where in the Bay area do you live? We lived in Sausalito for several years when first married and then moved to El Sobrante in order to save money when DH decided to go back to grad school. You are living in a wonderful part of the country.

o

mwoods, going down 101, we live about 45 miles south of SF. 10 miles north of San Jose. About 10 minutes from the SF Bay, And yes, we live in a wonderful part of the country. The weather is outstanding.
We have lived in our town more than 40 years and Silicon Valley has grown up around us.
Talking about Sausalito, DD lives on the north coast and when we go visiting, we leave early so we can stop in Sausalito for a cup of coffee and sit on a deck and enjoy the view before moving on. It is also a wonderful place.
However, the traffic can be horrendous, both coming and going. The bridge tolls are going up and up. So if you are thinking about moving out here, pick the side of the bay that works for you.
When we drive over the GG bridge we anticipate Sausalito and hum the song below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Video/Song

o

Another May Day subject.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here