Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes, May 1, 2012 again

Posted by husky004_ z5 NY (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 19:48

"Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car."
G.K. Chesterton

"Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
Andy Rooney

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"I am a happy camper so I guess I�m doing something right. Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."
Henry David Thoreau

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes, May 1, 2012 again

I like the quotes, especially the G.K. Chesterton one.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, May 2, 12 at 7:04

What a coincidence for me; I just heard the Chesterton quote, yesterday. My 20-year old great-neice was saying that many Facebook "friends" do whatever they want, and then say that "God will forgive me". Others are posting that quote in response to their actions. Just another instance of not practicing the Golden Rule--on all sides.

o

The Chestertone quote was given to me by my minister during confirmation instructions, when I questioned the hypocricy of some people who went to church every Sunday and then on the way home gossiped about their neighbors. I never forgot it.
Love all the quotes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here