Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

They are about the cutest darn animals

gandle
12 years ago

I've always liked big dogs, Pyrennes,Newfies and even St. Bernards but our neighbor has 2 of the cutest maltese puppies. They aren't as big as my cat and she isn't a big cat. They come running when I am outside and she is outside with them. They are very wary of the cat and she looks like she thinks they are disgusting. Nice little guys too, don't yap a lot and like all dogs want to chase a ball. Almost too cute but I still like big dogs better.

Comments (8)

• endorphinjunkie
    12 years ago

At the moment I have four dogs. The smallest, Angel is a Chi/Yorkie mix and is 7 pounds. The largest is Beauregarde and weighs in at a svelte 75 pounds. The other two are in between. Truth is about 45 lbs and is a Golden Retriever. Mercy is a Catahoula mix and right now is about 60 lbs, but could afford to lose a bit of weight.

Large or small, they all have love to give.

• shilty
    12 years ago

Oh - Gandle - my husband's sister gave us her tiny Morkie -
    a cross between a Maltese and a Yorkie - he thinks he's a Great Dane... all 4-1/2 lbs of him! Cute as a button, but high maintenance, and not much of a companion outside.

Hubby died in April after a nasty fall on ice in December,
    little guy is all the companion I need for now. But if I walked very far, or did chores outside, I'd want one large enough to drag me out of harms way if needed.

• tibs
    12 years ago

dd just got a torkie - cross between a yorkie and a wirehaired toy fox terrier. He looks like he will get about 10 to 12 pounds and he rules the roost. A friend of mine said it perfectly: I don't really like little dogs in general but every one I have met I have really liked."

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

Shilty, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear husband.
    What a terrible, terrible shock.
    I glad you have a little friend to keep you company and share some of your adventures.

Michael, I bet your grocery bill is a lulu---but they are worth it!!

I take Roxie to the grocery store and she waits in the car if it's not too hot. When I come out and I see any guy walking towards the store and looking a little dazed, I'll ask, "Did she tell you to get lost?"
    I always hear a laugh and a big "Yeah!!!!"

Little stinker sits reeeally still and waits 'til a guy
    is at the closet point to the car as he is walking by, then she lets out one BIG Rottweiler bark and scares them out of their wits!!
    Have you ever seen a Rottweiler laugh?
    I have! Snort!

gandle, just look at all the warm fuzzies running around here now! Whoo-Hoo!
    Well, except for Roxie and her tricks....:o)

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

Two little Chi's are terrorizing the neighborhood since a couple of month and consequently get spanked once in a while by a neighbor's Manx cat, he is twice as big. Most little dogs have a kind of Napoleon complex.
    I always liked big dogs but right now have none since my husband is so unsteady on his feet.

• lilod
    12 years ago

Taschi was a min-pin, she passed last year at 16 years old, but size doesn't matter for dogs, she was toothless, pretty blind and chased a couple of pitbulls off the property, I call it "delusions of Great Dane", a lot of heart in a 10 pound body.
    She outlived Jolie, a MacNab, and Tootsie, a Lab/Doberman mix and Lady, Chow and Cocker (we think) Now I only have Gussie, MacNab and Kelpie. All of them were in 40/45 lb range.
    I still miss Taschi, who was me bed companion for so long.

• lindac
    12 years ago

Little dog....little poop!

• mwoods
    12 years ago

Shilty,know how hard this time of the year must be for you,every new season must bring so memories.I'm really sorry and as KJ said,glad you have a fuzzball for company.

Gandle,we have Digby,a mini poodle so is about 15 inches tall. Not very large,but not really little. We were on the beach last year and these two tiny puffs of fluff came running at him and he was thrilled to get attention from something smaller than himself because usually it's a lab or golden. These two dogs were maltese puppies and the cutest things I've ever seen.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions