Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes, May 6, 2012

Posted by husky004_ z5 NY (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 12 at 22:34

One of my favorite authors to read with my kids many, many years ago, was nice to revisit Shel, didn't realize he was also the author of "A Boy Named Sue" and "Unicorn", and now that darn Unicorn song will be playing in my head for at least a week I'm sure. Thanks all for putting up with my wrong dates and missed days in posting.

" Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be. "
Shel Siverstein

Said the little boy, "Sometimes I drop my spoon."
Said the old man, "I do that too."
The little boy whispered, "I wet my pants."
"I do that too," laughed the little old man.
Said the little boy, "I often cry."
The old man nodded, "So do I."
"But worst of all," said the boy, "it seems
Grown-ups don't pay attention to me."
And he felt the warmth of a wrinkled old hand.
"I know what you mean," said the little old man.
Shel Silverberg

"A genuine anteater,"
The pet man told me dad.
Turned out, it was an aunt eater,
And now my uncle's mad!
Shel Silverberg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes, May 6, 2012

Ok I just put in the wrong date again!!! That should be May 5, 2012, I'm either distracted or getting old, I'm hoping for distracted!

o

I luv your quotes. A day or two or more, won't matter with the quotes. They are good no matter when they are posted.

o

Saturday's quotes capped a very good week. Thanks for reminding me of Shel Silverberg and now both of us have the same earworm of the day.

o

Good ones

o

Dates are dates and quotes are quotes, I enjoyed the ones you posted, no matter when. I am usually living "off calendar and clock" as much as possible, anyway.
thank you, Husky

o

I like Shel Silverstein -- thanks for the quotes!

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 7, 12 at 7:56

Great quotes, all week, Husky. Thank you! I chuckled at the anteater one, it caught me by surprise.

o

Thank you Husky, I love Siverstein, made my day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here