Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I hope you looked at

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 12 at 23:09

the moon this evening. Friday. 14% larger than normal and the closest to the earth it will be this year. We just sat out and enjoyed the sight until clouds rolled in about 10PM. Leone said she could read with the light of the huge full moon. Maybe I could read headlines .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I hope you looked at

It woke me up at 3 o'clock. My bedroom faces West and the moon was sinking behind the hills, but before it disappeared it shone the bright light on me. It was awesome and I was moonbathing right in my bed. Tonight is clear again (and cold) but I shall have another full moon experience, it's magical

o

As usual, if there is something interesting going on in the sky, we have clouds.

o

It was awesome. I could see the different colors in the moon.

o

I'm confused, my space sights say it will be at full perigee around midnight tonight. I hope so, because although I tarried outside last evening, the clouds rolled in and brought us monster storms. Tonight, it is partly cloudy, but clear enough to appreciate a moon. I just ran out and looked east and sure enough, it looks like a sunkist orange. Thanks for the reminder. Also, it's exactly mid-spring on the same night, and I believe there's a meteor shower " Eta Aquarid " formed by dust of Halley's comet. Good night to be out and about. Grab your fav beverage and a lounge chair.......blankie if need be.

o

Saw it when the clouds shifted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here