Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Google and Memorial Day

Posted by kathyjane z6VA (My Page) on
Mon, May 30, 11 at 23:34

Google goes all-out for holidays and picks one out of many, many drawings to celebrate the chosen day on their logo.

For Memorial Day, it's a tiny flag and yellow ribbon on the bottom half of the page.

Just kind of figured they might do something with a little
more pizzaz than that...like maybe a pic with 'Thank You' in it somewhere.

----Maybe I've been watching too many old war movies and seeing our guys get shot up fighting for others.

Makes me feel that it's one more thing that's polictally incorrect according to 'somebody'.

Maybe I've gotten too old and no longer understand how much things change over time.

Some things shouldn't change---I don't care how 'diverse' our country becomes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Google and Memorial Day

PC maybe, maybe not. Seems that some people don't like to be reminded that a debt is owed to our citizens who served in the military. It's not necessarily a monetary debt, but it is a debt of honor.

o
RE: Google and Memorial Day

I did not see the Google logo so I can't comment on that. But we've lived on our block for more than 36 years, and in that time, there have been fewer and fewer flags displayed during holidays. This year, there were only three flags displayed, all long time homeowners, including us.
I don't understand why people don't honor our country by showing the flag.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here