Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 6 - 14 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 0:00

You don't have to be a chef or even a particularly good cook to experience proper kitchen alchemy: the moment when ingredients combine to form something more delectable than the sum of their parts. Fancy ingredients or recipes not required; simple, made-up things are usually even better.
Erin Morgenstern

Medicine rests upon four pillars - philosophy, astronomy, alchemy, and ethics.
Paracelsus

The alchemy of good curating amounts to this: Sometimes, placing one work of art near another makes one plus one equal three. Two artworks arranged alchemically leave each intact, transform both, and create a third thing.
Jerry Saltz

None but a poet can write a tragedy. For tragedy is nothing less than pain transmuted into exaltation by the alchemy of poetry.
Edith Hamilton

In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard.
Billy Joel

When alchemists were talking about turning lead to gold, they were talking about turning a leaden consciousness, which most of us exist in during our lives, into a golden consciousness, which is a much better place to be.
Alan Moore

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 6 - 14 - 14

Fine quotes covering the magic in everyday life and then some

o

Great quotes, Don.I agree with the Erin Morgenstern 's quote.
I perform alchemy on a regular basis in cooking (food)
I prepare the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls, and I know that not much of anything will happen until I combine them. So I put the bowls aside till morning.
I can have pancakes, waffles , etc...ready for cooking first thing in the morning. Nothing fancy,

o

Another alchemy, in the household world. Cleaning drains.
Pour baking soda in a drain, nothing much happens until your pour vinegar into the drain.
The result is dramatic,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here