Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

quotes 6 - 30 - 14

User
9 years ago

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.
Sophia Loren

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
Andrew Carnegie

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.
John Adams

Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.
Samuel Ullman

What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a loss of energy.
Voltaire

The great secret that all old people share is that you really haven't changed in seventy or eighty years. Your body changes, but you don't change at all. And that, of course, causes great confusion.
Doris Lessing

It is sad to grow old but nice to ripen.
Brigitte Bardot

Retirement at sixty-five is ridiculous. When I was sixty-five I still had pimples.
George Burns

Youth is the best time to be rich, and the best time to be poor.
Euripides

Comments (4)

• lilosophie
    9 years ago

I agree with Brigitte Bardot (smiling)

• gandle
    9 years ago

Good ones, Don. Like John Adams

• mawheel
    9 years ago

How true are these quotes; at least once a day, I say, " Growing old 'ain't for sissies!" If I don't say it aloud, I'm thinkng it in my mind. The 'saving grace' for me is that if I can't immediately remember a word, whether it's a person, place, or thing, I put it aside, and usually, it will appear in my mind in a little while. I'm just glad to know the knowledge is still in my brain, floating around somewhere!

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

lol, at Brigitte Bardot 's quote. But it would be nice if we could ripen evenly all over.
    Re: John Adams, I agree with the physical part, but it can be difficult to teach an old horse new tricks.