Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 21 June

Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 21, 10 at 0:14

What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade. ~Gertrude Jekyll

Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco. ~Author unknown, commonly misattributed to Mark Twain

Note: North of San Francisco, @ Casa Lilo it was 33 on the morning of the last day of spring...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 21 June

Sounds like Baltimore this spring. Steve S

o

Really good!!!!

o

Sounds so lovely but on the other hand..... 5 AM - 82 degr. Had a free sauna besides my excercise walk.

o

Lol, whomever wrote about the cold summer in SF was right. It's not the best season to do a summer visit. I've seen turists shivering with cold. We are old hands at visiting SF so we bring a myriad of jackets.

We live 45 miles south of SF and we have had a perfect summer day here in the valley.

I've mentioned that I was born in Norway. On Midsummer night's eve the sun is high and it stays light all night, so we stay up until early morning to celebrate the sun. We play music, dance, eat and sit around the bonfire singing and playing instruments.
One year when our children were ages 8,7 and 6 yo we brought them to Norway to meet the relatives and we spent a midsummer night's eve with my aunt (tante Marit) and uncle (onkel Johan) celebrating Midsummer's eve. Our children are all adult now, but they still remember that eve.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here