Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 6 - 18 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 0:21

The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.
Aristotle

The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.
Pablo Picasso

This world is but a canvas to our imagination.
Henry David Thoreau

The art of art, the glory of expression and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity.
Walt Whitman

I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for.
Georgia O'Keeffe

A line is a dot that went for a walk.
Paul Klee

A man paints with his brains and not with his hands.
Michelangelo

A picture is a poem without words.
Horace

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 6 - 18 - 14

Art is a look into the soul of the artist and a reflection of one's self as they see their inner thoughts in the art.
me

o

Yes it came up on the list.

o

Lovely quotes about making art. It used to be part of recreation for me and then I fell into this "If it doesn't sell it's a waste of time" way of looking at it, and I truly regret that I bought that idea and followed more "useful" activities, but I do garden and think one can make art by creating pretty pictures, and writing for myself turned out to be a pleasure.

o

Wonderful quotes about art.
There are so many ways to think of art, and your quotes mentioned some of them.
I'm paraphrasing , I don't know what art is, but I know it when I see it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here