Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kerstin_gw

RE: My Stupidest Gardening Mistake - or- We Were Once All Newbie

Kerstin
12 years ago

So many funny stories on here that my sides hurt! Which reminded me of one of my own. I bought 2 bags of pole beans. I had planted a total of 60 beans, mind u I have a garden w/ tomatoes,squash, carrots & pole beans. My garden is about 20x10, yeah, not a great idea, took over my whole garden & destroyed it, but of course while planting I just couldn't get all those beans in the garden (and u shouldn't waste what u bought, right?) so I planted the last 20+ beans along the side of my house along the fence line. Did I mention I live in town & ppl can see the ones next to the house? What a mess! And did I also mention I have six Bichons (dogs)? yeah, forget the ones along the fence thx to the helpful dogs barking at the neighbors & trampling them. Disgusting large 3-4 ft wide dirt & patches of grass all summer, Highly embarrassing after I've bragged to the neighbors while sweating in the sun planting all of this. Needless to say I came up w/ a brilliant idea this year....wait for it.. A Volleyball net! and TADA! This year we have the beans segregated on that net, problem solved! And even though this happend 3 summers ago & after tilling I somehow ended up w/ 1 mysterious carrot that would come back!... Oh how we all seem to over do it in the "moment of the green thumb!"

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions