Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

quotes 6 - 17 - 14

User
9 years ago

Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively using words of despair. Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble.
Yehuda Berg

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.
John Muir

We humans have lost the wisdom of genuinely resting and relaxing. We worry too much. We don't allow our bodies to heal, and we don't allow our minds and hearts to heal.
Thich Nhat Hanh

The love of the family, the love of one person can heal. It heals the scars left by a larger society. A massive, powerful society.
Maya Angelou

If you do a good job for others, you heal yourself at the same time, because a dose of joy is a spiritual cure. It transcends all barriers.
Ed Sullivan

One of the main tasks of theology is to find words that do not divide but unite, that do not create conflict but unity, that do not hurt but heal.
Henri Nouwen

The sorrow for the dead is the only sorrow from which we refuse to be divorced. Every other wound we seek to heal - every other affliction to forget: but this wound we consider it a duty to keep open - this affliction we cherish and brood over in solitude.
Washington Irving

If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment.
Carlos Santana

Comments (3)

• lilosophie
    9 years ago

Such good quotes! I was hoping someone else would follow up before me, so I skipped my remark first thing in the morning. The sidebar on the right shows bits from many forums ad I always get credit for the quotes - I believe this is set up to catch only threads with follow-ups, anyway, I was hoping someone else would be credited - Don, next time why don't you post a follow up to your quote and see what happens

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes. heal had so many good ones it was hard to stop. I will try that tomorrow.

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

Interesting topic, healing and words.There are times when a common language is not possible, a slight touch can be healing.

Sponsored
More Discussions