Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don_socal

quotes 6 - 26 - 14

don_socal
9 years ago

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
Thomas Jefferson

Study history, study history. In history lies all the secrets of statecraft.
Winston Churchill

Few will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total; of all those acts will be written the history of this generation.
Robert Kennedy

The whole course of human history may depend on a change of heart in one solitary and even humble individual - for it is in the solitary mind and soul of the individual that the battle between good and evil is waged and ultimately won or lost.
M. Scott Peck

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
Aldous Huxley

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe.
H. G. Wells

History never looks like history when you are living through it.
John W. Gardner

I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief... For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
Wendell Berry

I am thankful the most important key in history was invented. It's not the key to your house, your car, your boat, your safety deposit box, your bike lock or your private community. It's the key to order, sanity, and peace of mind. The key is 'Delete.'
Elayne Boosler

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Maya Angelou

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA
More Discussions