Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 6 - 28 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 1:05

I will not play tug o' war. I'd rather play hug o' war. Where everyone hugs instead of tugs, Where everyone giggles and rolls on the rug, Where everyone kisses, and everyone grins, and everyone cuddles, and everyone wins.
Shel Silverstein

Never explain what you do. It speaks for itself. You only muddle it by talking about it.
Shel Silverstein

If you're behind the times, they won't notice you. If you're right in tune with them, you're no better than they are, so they won't care much for you. Be just a little ahead of them.
Shel Silverstein

"Are wild strawberries really wild? Will they scratch an adult, will they snap at a child? Should you pet them, or let them run free where they roam? Could they ever relax in a steam-heated home? Can they be trained to not growl at the guests? Will a litterbox work or would they make a mess? Can we make them a Cowberry, herding the cows, or maybe a Muleberry pulling the plows, or maybe a Huntberry chasing the grouse, or maybe a Watchberry guarding the house, and though they may curl up at your feet oh so sweetly can you ever feel that you trust them completely? Or should we make a pet out of something less scary, like the Domestic Prune or the Imported Cherry, Anyhow, you've been warned and I will not be blamed if your Wild Strawberries cannot be tamed."
― Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 6 - 28 - 14

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 7:30

What wonderful quotes to start a Saturday morning. They're all good, but in light of George's recent story about 'wild strawberries', the 'wild strawberry' poem is my favorite.

Thanks again, Don, for bringing the quotes to us, and for all the wisdom they impart.

o

Love those quotes! Wild strawberries are ften armed: they grow in fortresses of poison oak and the most ripe and tasty ones are unobtainable - I am not kidding.

o

Thanks for the quotes, Don.
I don't know if I agree with Shel Silverstein's quote. I think that what I do is clear to me, but other people may question what I do, they don't see the world as I see it.
Lol, if one morning, I scramble peas instead of eggs, I think I have to explain why I did that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here