Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilod_gw

Back to normal (sort of)

lilod
12 years ago

Had my six month check up with the bone doc, he was pleased with the healing, but my leg did turn out to be 3/4" shorter than the other one - no problem, I have a prescription for an insert, have to make an appointment to get that done, I am sure it will help to get me walking better.

December he may remove the pins, which will take care of the faint aches I get sometime. I think I want to have them, maybe make earring out of them?

Meanwhile I have moved dirt, planted tomatoes and cucumbers and squash - all in containers, and set up a container to grow pole-beans, using an old, wooden step-ladder instead of a bean-pole. Have to watch what shoes I wear and, so far, still use a cane.

I am truly blessed: how many folks my age are able to do what I do? I am not bragging, just fortunate.

The garden, untouched since last July, has gone feral and will need a lot of work. I discovered who are the intrepid

inhabitants and who are the sissies, it may surprise me and give me a clue.

So far I know for sure you can't kill coreopsis, cistus and buddleia, wondering what else is under all that tall, weedy grass.

It all will likely to be cleaned up by fall, so shall be the house. I was asked about Spring-cleaning and had to tell I didn't even do fall-cleaning 2010 LOL

Anyway, thought you might want to know...

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions