Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Back to normal (sort of)

Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 1:15

Had my six month check up with the bone doc, he was pleased with the healing, but my leg did turn out to be 3/4" shorter than the other one - no problem, I have a prescription for an insert, have to make an appointment to get that done, I am sure it will help to get me walking better.
December he may remove the pins, which will take care of the faint aches I get sometime. I think I want to have them, maybe make earring out of them?
Meanwhile I have moved dirt, planted tomatoes and cucumbers and squash - all in containers, and set up a container to grow pole-beans, using an old, wooden step-ladder instead of a bean-pole. Have to watch what shoes I wear and, so far, still use a cane.
I am truly blessed: how many folks my age are able to do what I do? I am not bragging, just fortunate.
The garden, untouched since last July, has gone feral and will need a lot of work. I discovered who are the intrepid
inhabitants and who are the sissies, it may surprise me and give me a clue.
So far I know for sure you can't kill coreopsis, cistus and buddleia, wondering what else is under all that tall, weedy grass.
It all will likely to be cleaned up by fall, so shall be the house. I was asked about Spring-cleaning and had to tell I didn't even do fall-cleaning 2010 LOL
Anyway, thought you might want to know...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Back to normal (sort of)

Good news Lilo. Glad to hear that things are almost normal.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 17:47

Lilo, we do want to know how you are doing. I am happy for you that your healing process is on track. It's probably been helped by your strong constitution. I'm impressed by all you're doing; I think I'm a few years younger than you, and know I don't do 3/4 of what you manange to accomplish.

Making earrings from the pins that will be removed from your hip sounds like a neat idea, both as a reminder and a souvenir.

o

Lilo, I'm so glad you posted your six month check up and that things are going well. You certainly found ways to do some of the things you wanted/had to do without jepardizing your recovery.

Making earrings out of the pins sounds like a great idea. That's recycling in the best way. And also, it would be a fun thing to create.

o

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well, you are so much more productive than I am.I'm younger and don't have a healing leg. Good for you!

o

Lilo, great that you have such good news. I really can't complain either about my general health but I wished I could have done more in my garden this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here