Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes 6/23/13

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 1:55

Of all the language sources, the loss of nature seems the saddest. A thousand times a day, nature - in the most ordinary of places - has something to tell or show us; something it wants us to touch, smell or feel; it wants all of us, not just the overtly artistic, to express.
Joyce McGreevy

I stand holding the apple in both hands. It feels precious, like a heavy treasure. I lift it up and smellit. It has such an odor of outdoors on it. I want to cry.
Margaret Atwood

A man who lives with nature is used to violence and is companionable with death. There is more violence in an English hedgerow than in the meanest streets of a great city.
P.D. James

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes 6/23/13

Turning it over to Don, looking forward to his quotes

o

Great quotes, lilo. I especially like the first one.
It truly a wonder how the nature "talks" if we listen.

Is that a pic of the Super Moon from last night? DH said he woke about 12 midnight and saw a huge, shiny moon from the window.

o

P.D. James is right in a way, but the violence there is a matter of the foodchain, not the deliberate cruelty of people.

I love the first quote and appreciate the fact that we, who live with gardens and the outdoors close by have not entirely lost the dialoge with nature.

Watched last night the moonrise. I had gone down the street where I could see without trees getting in my way. Looked like I should spot the Lunar lander somewhere.

o

It was last night's moon, coming up over the trees, shortly after it hid behind clouds

o

Wow! Love the first quote and the pic!

o

Thank you Lilo for doing such a great job.

o

You are welcome, brother! What are sisters for? Damn, wrong website - can't make a heart here, LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here