Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 6/21 13

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 2:05

Whenever your inner life is clouded, your influence in the world is under a shadow.
If your are fearful, you will be attacked, if you cloak genuine mysteries in Dogma,
opportunities for new insights will be lost, if you vacillate in upholding your principles,
you will be tested; yet when you are firm and strong, the power of truth can break
through even the most stubborn minds.
The I Ching

Everyone wears their own colored glasses, even the rose-color is not always the same shade!
me

Be empty of worrying,
Think who created thought
Why do you stay in prison
When the door is wide open?
Rumi

HAPPY SOLSTICE TO ALL!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 6/21 13

Hi Lilo. Is the photo taken near your home?? Beautiful.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 7:37

Good quotes, Lilo. You are a wise woman!

The picture is beautiful; what a vista to see upon looking outside. Mountains are balm to my soul and they are close to where I live. I just can't see them from my window.

Happy Solstice to you and everyone. As my Father used to say, "Now the days are getting shorter. It won't be long till Winter".

(Come on, cold weather!) LOL

o

The picture is taken from the hills behind my property, it's about 1/4 mile of a pretty steep climb,
.This was taken a few years ago, a family lives now right on the spot where I stood to take the picture.

o

Great as always, including the picture.

Lilo, the Rumi quote reminded me of a German song, you might know it: "Die Gedanken sind frei....... In English- thoughts are free, as in freedom.

o

Anneliese, I learned that song in school, maybe 6th grade, and it has stuck with me ever since

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here