Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 6-28-11

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 28, 11 at 5:54

Spring has come when you can put your foot on three daisies.
Traditional folk wisdom

Winter lingered so long in the lap of Spring that it occasioned a great deal of talk.
Bill Nye

There is life in the ground: It goes into the seeds, and it also, when it is stirred up, goes into the man who stirs it.
Charles Dudley Warner

The nicest thing about the promise of spring is that sooner or later she'll have to keep it.
Mark Beltaire

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 6-28-11

These are nice quotes,Don. I wish spring would last a little longer,it's such a pleasant season. At least here in Pa they last longer than when we were in Iowa.I swear it was spring some years for 3 days.

o

With the exception of this long wet spring, it mostly is just a short time between freezing and temps in the 80th.

Love your quotes, hope I remember them next year when I gripe about the weather.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 28, 11 at 18:37

I had no spring and now summer has taken a couple of days off - it is chilly and raining! Raining in late June in California, unheard of! Measurable rain, setting a record for this late in the rain-year, which we measure from July 1 through June the following year.
There is even snow in the Sierras above 7500 feet. As is, in some high resorts they will have the slopes open though July 4.
One thing is for sure, the groundwater is charged up, I shall not run out of water before I ran out of summer.

o

"Winter lingered so long in the lap of Spring that it occasioned a great deal of talk."
Bill Nye
Oh yes, when there is a late spring in Scandinavia, where we have about 3 months of sun, the topic is discussed in passionate terms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here