Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

8 June 2011

endorphinjunkie
12 years ago

According to the current doctrines of mysticoscientism, we human animals are really and actually nothing but "organic patterns of nodular energy composed of collocations of infinitesimal points oscillating on the multi-dimensional coordinates of the space-time continuum". I'll have to think about that. Sometime. Meantime, I'm going to gnaw on this sparerib, drink my Blatz beer, and contemplate the a posteriori coordinates of that young blonde over yonder, the one in the tennis skirt, tying her shoelaces.

Edward Abbey

Feel free to edit as you like. Replace said young blonde with a tan, fit cabana boy.....

It's summer and I am fed up with academia today.

Comments (10)

• lilod
    12 years ago

Edward Abbey got his priorities right

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

I'll drink to Edward Abbey any day....

Thanks for making a SWELTERING morning a little more bearable...

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

Sounds good to me but I don't have any beer handy. Wine will have to do.

• mawheel
    12 years ago

I don't need a drink, as long as I'm inside in our cool, comfortable, A/C'd house, I'm fine! Of course, a Pina Colada wouldn't hurt my feelings, either.

Dorph, as I was reading your quote, I was thinking, "Huh, what's he talking about?" You've done this to me, before; I'm doing the quotes, next week, and I guarantee you, they won't be as esoteric as yours! (I'm not even sure that's the right word, but maybe you know what I mean.) :>)

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

Hm, he's using some big words to say, he'll eat some ribs, drink some beer, oogle some blond's behind in a tennis skirt.
    Nothing new here.

"Meantime, I'm going to gnaw on this sparerib, drink my Blatz beer, and contemplate the a posteriori coordinates of that young blonde over yonder, the one in the tennis skirt, tying her shoelaces."

• mawheel
    12 years ago

Thanks, West. I got the drift of *his* comment, just didn't quite comprehend Mr. Abbey's quote. :>)

Now, maybe I do need that Pina Colada!

• User
    12 years ago

The scientific world has discovered that there is more empty space between the parts of atoms than previously thought. We and everything around us are not as solid as imagined even as space has unmeasurable voids. Perhaps the dark matter just being discovered is very prevalent in more ways to be investigated. Focus on the blank spaces to get a feeling of what is there ribs, beer and skirts are not what they seem. Academia is hurtling toward these realizations.

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

There we not many parts of the atoms between the ball and the racket when I hit the sweet spot. Once in a while I'd hit a ball into a black hole, but it always came back,unlike some other matter.
    This was back when the tennis uniform was short white shorts and skirts.
    Being a lady, I never looked beyond the ball.
    Below is link to my favorite tennis book.
    I don't know how much sense I'm making, lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:164495}}

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

Don; well put.
    All things are, and yet, all things are not as they seem, so to speak..

And then, there is the parallel universe......
    ---and I'm going to bed.

What was that song?----Pull me into shallow water, before I get too deep?!
    GUFFFAWWWW!

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

Parallel universe? On a tennis court? Never came up.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions