Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Well, they usually are close

gandle
10 years ago

in their forecasts but, the weather bureau predicted lows in the mid-70s and highs in the mid-ninties for the last 5 days. Its been in the low 60s and highs in the high 70s. Quite nice weather, we'll forgive them for their error. Feells good to me. The strange part, they are still pedicting the mid-ninties. Right now it is 64 degrees.

Comments (7)

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

Raining here, rain in late June, it's a rarity. We are grumbling: all the pastures have been brown and mowed, and the rain will start the grass growing again and we have to mow it again. The CalFire guys are not to happy about the rain, it's good now, but long-term it will make more fuel for wild-fires and it makes the tourists more careless.
    I like the way it smells, the dust is washed off.
    Next Friday it's going to be in the nineties again, so perhaps the grass does't hve too much of a chance, we shall see.

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Having just come in the house from watering the flower garden in the front yard, pulling a few weeds, and sprinkling some more mulch--I HATE mulch!--even though the current temp is 74.5 degrees, I'm sweating like the proverbial pig! (Do pigs even sweat? No matter, it's dripping off of me and I HATE it--along with the mulch!)

Our high for today reached 90 and it's supposed to be like that the rest of the week: hazy, hot, and humid. After all, I'm close enough to D.C. to have that same kind of miserable weather.

Come on, November! (Did I say I HATE hot weather, too?)

With the rest of the country enduring really awful weather conditions, I know I'm whining, but I get very cranky when I'm hot and sweaty!

Please excuse the rant.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

"They" were pretty close with their predictions for this week. Some rain, fog, some sun and gray all around.
    A tomato hornworm apparently liked the weather and ventured out in the daytime, feasting away. It is now composted.
    mwheel , I can truly say that I know how you feel. I worked and lived in DC and it was miserable during the summer months.You expressed it beautifully.

• gandle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

O.K., they nailed it now.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

We're having a heat wave. 98 in the shade. Whew. I turned on our local weather report at 5:20 am, and the weather guy said that we would have a couple of hours of cool, then the heat wave would hit. He was correct. We went from 60 to 80 in two hours. Not as fast as Gandle's temp change, but it was amazing.
    The sky is clear, hardly any wind, I don't know where in the world this heat wave came from.

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

WG, I take your 98 - and send you my 102, it's going to be that way through Tuesday, then we shall "cool" down to middle nineties. My sister and her partner are coming tomorrow, spending the night and planned on spending Sunday, but they are on their way from Washington to Sea Ranch, so I would not blame them if they get on their way Sunday morning, Sea Ranch sounds like the place to be.

• User
    10 years ago

Hot here too 90's and 100's.