Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Those are weird

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 10:25

Heat bursts. Yesterday the temperature went from 60 degrees to 94 in 3 minutes. The National Weather Burea in North Platte confirmed that those happened in a large section of this part of the state. We had one several years ago and I had never experienced them before. The weather burea went on in todays paper to explain what conditions are necessary for that to happen but the explanation was way over my head.

They are quite a sensation, you can feel a change in pressure and there is a terrific gust of wind. The humidity dropped at that time from 60% to under 20%.

The cat seemed to sense that someting strange was going to happen. She went under my workbench and stayed there while thjis was happening.

Would rather not do that again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Those are weird

That is pretty extreme, George. I have experienced sudden rise in temperature, and sudden drops also, but not that extreme, strong enough I could watch the thermometer go up (or down) real fast, freaky

o

Whoa - don't blame the cat at all for staying under your bench. We have major temperature drops when a cold front comes through, but it's more like 30-40 degrees over a several hour period. I don't know that I would be able to get out of my sweatshirt and coat in 3 minutes - I'd just have to cook, I guess.....

o

Wow - I think I would have kept the cat company. Over the course of a couple of hours we had some sharp drops or rise but not to that extent in such a short time. Would have been interesting though.

o

Wow, that is some change in a short time. Never heard of that before.
Smart cat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here