Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A long cruise - Naples, Italy - part 2

Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 11:00

This is an early morning shot. The Isle of Capri.

We're off the ship, we've met our guide and ready to roll. We will be going to Ravello, Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento before returning to the ship in the late afternoon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Map of Amalfi Coast tour

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A long cruise - Naples, Italy - part 2

• Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 14:37

We are heading to Ravello, Italy. I had never heard of the town, but thousands of people go there each year for the Ravello Music Festival.

At 1200 feet, the 2,500 residents of this town are accustomed to tourists. Our Cruise Critic group of 8 is nothing to them. This is the way most of the residents of the area live.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 18:00

The 'residents of Ravello' must also be used to walking and climbing up and down those 'hills"--really more like mountain sides! Is bus service available or is it mainly 'foot power"?

It looks like a beautiful little town; hope the tourist traffic provides a good source of income for them.

o

Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 19:09

As I stood there looking at this, I could not see any roads. There might be, but I was not able to see them.

At the bottom of the hill is this village - Minori. We were there on a Saturday morning and there had been some fireworks in Minori. I asked our guide and he speculated that it was as a result of a wedding.

o

Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 19:12

The caption for this photo is farming on the slope near Ravello. That is a steep slope, but it is also very common along the Amalfi coast.

o

Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 19:13

Piazza Centrale in Ravello, Italy. It is a quiet Saturday morning in November. Not much is really going on in this small town. In the summer, I am sure it is bustling.

o

Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 19:16

Saturday morning in Ravello, women lined up for mammograms. I don't know how often this occurs. I did not see anyone preparing to pay within this mobile clinic on the piazza.

o

Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 19:17

All done with his street sweeping chores. There were two gents working on the piazza.

o

Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 21:03

These steps lead up to private homes from the central plaza.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here