Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue coo

Posted by meldy_nva z6b VA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 21, 11 at 11:14

The other morning I was sitting on the top step, finishing a glass of milk while contemplating the baby grape clusters on the arbor beside me. Two doves flew over and perched on a nearby vine, cooing and chortling to each other while obviously inspecting me as I drank my milk. I wonder what they were saying... perhaps...

Dovea: Oh, look at the beautiful blue beak!
Doveb: Featherless ones don't have beaks.
Dovea: Oh, it's just gorgeous with the sun shining on it.
Doveb: Featherless ones don't have beaks.
Dovea: Well, you can see that this featherless one has a beeyootiful blue beak.
Doveb: Featherless don't have beaks.
Dovea: Just look at it! Such a lovely blue bea--Awk! Awk!
Doveb: Featherless don't have --Squawk!!
[I set my glass down on the step beside me. The two doves flew away.]
Dovea: That was such a pretty blue beak.
Doveb: Until it fell off.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue coo

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 21, 11 at 12:57

Hahahaha, that's wonderful!

o

There was some trash talking on my balcony yesterday afternoon. A visiting bird (type undetermined) landed on one of my window boxes and proceeded to cuss a blue streak at my kitties, who were safely indoors on the other side of the screen. The bird/cat back & forth went on for a couple of minutes. At that point I guess he decided to give my cats the last word because he flew off in a huff.

Nature can be so much fun!

Karen

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 21, 11 at 17:52

Good one, Meldy.

o

This morning we had some crows talking very loudly about something in our yard. It turns out they were talking about some very nice earth worms in my soil. A whole flock came in and had a feast.

o

Sometimes it would be nice to be Dr. Dolittle. On the other hand, we might hear some uncomfortable information about ourselves or how they have trained us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here