Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just to say "Hello"...

Posted by KentuckyBristle none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 12:11

Hi,
I just joined the forum here, but in the past I've frequently visited to read as a non-registered information seeker. So I want to say "thanks" for all the information and help I've gathered here in the past.

I'm not a huge gardener, so I don't have a lot of experience or wisdom to bestow on anyone else, but I'm happy to finally be signed up to post here.
-Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just to say "Hello"...

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 13:09

Hi, KentuckyBristle, aka Mark. Welcome to the Garden Party; I'm not much of a gardener, but come, daily, to learn, read, and sometimes post. Folks here are friendly and helpful, so visit often.

o

HI KentuckyBristle, welcome to the GP. Glad you posted.

o

Welcome!

o

Welcome, Mark - not much gardening right now, everyone seems to be into kittens

o

Thanks, everyone!

o

Hello and welcome.

o

Hello and welcome from me too. In what corner of KY are you? Just nosey.

o

Hi anneliese,
I'm in the north central bumpy corner (Louisville).

o

Been there. We were stationed in Ft. Knox.

o

Hi Mark!

Good to see another guy-type person around here. :o)

Louisville is a nice place. Are you a native?

Karen

o

Anneliese: I get down to the Ft. Knox area every once in a while. Otter Creek Park, which borders it, is a great place to hike and paint landscapes.

Karen: Thanks! Yes, native, and been here all my life except for a few years I lived in Laramie, Wyoming. Growing tomatoes is much easier in Kentucky than on the high plains!

-Mark

o

Welcome Mark! I love Louisville. Although I live and work in Nashville,I had a friend who lived there. I was just thinking about the last time I was there. It was cold, rainy and we stayed wet all day long. And it was the best time. We dodged the cold by ducking into restaurants and having coffee and/or desserts. The day ended with, you guessed it!, the Thunder fireworks. So how many derby pins do you have? We also liked to head over the border there. Huber winery and The Falls of the Ohio. Great place Kentucky. I know why the call it the blue grass state, but golly, it's just so lush and green there.

o

Welcome Mark! I love Louisville. Although I live and work in Nashville,I had a friend who lived there. I was just thinking about the last time I was there. It was cold, rainy and we stayed wet all day long. And it was the best time. We dodged the cold by ducking into restaurants and having coffee and/or desserts. The day ended with, you guessed it!, the Thunder fireworks. So how many derby pins do you have? We also liked to head over the border there. Huber winery and The Falls of the Ohio. Great place Kentucky. I know why the call it the blue grass state, but golly, it's just so lush and green there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here