Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big Time serious problem ! ! !

Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 25, 14 at 12:40

You might have heard about earworms. That is when music gets stuck in your ear and you just cannot get it out. Many recommend trying to displace it with another tune. Sometimes that works (you might be stuck with the new one though) and sometimes that earworm is deeply entrenched and won't budge - at least for a long time.

This morning as I got up, I realized that I have an earworm. Here's the Big Time serious problem - Joe Cocker "You Are So Beautiful". I have zero idea how it got there. My best guess is that there is something going on in my pillow. Possibly a drone came in during the night and planted a buncha music in my pillow.

C'mon - Joe Cocker??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big Time serious problem ! ! !

Hahaha! No sympathy here - the other day I had the theme song from Gilligan's Island!

o

Listen to this and every thing will be alright.

Here is a link that might be useful: A SONG FOR YOU - Leon Russell & Friends (1971)

o

I've been having earworms of Christmas tunes (in German)
that is seriously disturbing particularly when it's 85º+ outside

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 25, 14 at 19:15

I totally agree that earworms appear from nowhere--and won't go away! I can awake in the middle of the night and there's a song playing over and over and over in my head. The ones I don't mind too much are hymns; at least I'm 'listening' to something uplifting.

o

• Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 25, 14 at 19:29

At least with hymns, it is something that you might actually here on a regular basis. I have not heard Joe Cocker do his thing in dozens of years. It makes me wonder about the medicine that I take to help me sleep!

o

This morning, I thought of you. I awoke to Blue Bayou as sung by Linda Ronstadt in my head. And I said, at least it's not Joe Cocker!

Here is a link that might be useful: Linda Ronstadt

o

• Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 9:35

This has got to stop. As soon as I awoke today (about 5:25) - Connie Francis singing Who's Sorry Now?

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 10:04

Did you have to tell us the name of the song? It's already playing in my head! Of course, if you didn't tell us, I'd go bonkers wondering what it was. LOL

o

There is no rhyme or reason to my earworm invasions. Like Lilo, I have Christmas in July to be followed by German hiking songs, snatches of Mozart and Bach, interspersed with military cadenzes and children songs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here