Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A couple of interesting videos

Posted by jazmynsmom Z5 Madison-ish (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 17, 11 at 12:55

Bismarck is still flooding, and it will continue to do so for months. Here are a couple of recent videos that I thought were particularly good:
Tour of Bismarck (My sister teaches at the school in the video.)
Love & Shovels

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple of interesting videos

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 17, 11 at 15:32

Both of those videos are compelling; pretty scenes of peaceful water, til one remembers the roads, yards, houses that are enveloped by it. It's so easy to let this disaster slip from mind when it's not on the evening news, every day. But, as you said, this will take a long time to clean up and folks have to go on living in the meantime.

Great song, too.

o

The waiting and waiting and hoping that the next cloud will not drop more rain must be awful.

o

Oh my gosh. It is so sad to watch the neighborhoods and people's homes being flooded. My thoughts are with all of you.

o

• Posted by lindac Iowa Z 5/4 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 18, 11 at 23:47

And down stream....they are waiting, sand bagging and watching the levy and hoping it holds......and looking at the pictures of what might be.

o

I can't watch it, I tried. Too close to home. But I really feel for them. And others who know the impending circumstances. Hugs to everyone.

o

rob333, I know how you feel about it being too close to home and it is difficult to watch. It is painful.
So I join your "hugs to every one".
(((((Hugs))))

o

• Posted by lindac Iowa Z 5/4 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 20, 11 at 21:45

Posting a bunch of pictures of the upper Missouri....it gets lots worse down stream.
Just look at those lovely riverfront homes about to topple into the river. The loss of property is amazing,

Here is a link that might be useful: Gavin's point to Sioux City

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here