Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 6 - 10- 12

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 12:59

Out of the Indian approach to life there came a great freedom-an intense and absorbing love for nature; a respect for life; enriching faith in a Supreme Power; and principles of truth, honesty, generosity, equity, and brotherhood as a guide to mundane relations.

Luther Standing Bear (1868 - 1939), Oglala Sioux chief

I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (late 19th century), Teton Sioux

Often in the stillness of the night, when all nature seems asleep about me, there comes a gentle rapping at the door of my heart. I open it; and a voice inquires, "Pokagon, what of your people? What will their future be?" My answer is: "Mortal man has not the power to draw aside the veil of unborn time to tell the future of his race. That gift belongs of the Divine alone. But it is given to him to closely judge the future by the present, and the past."

Simon Pokagon (1830 - 1899), Potawatomie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 6 - 10- 12

I think it goes with the old saying "No man is an island".

o

They were way ahead of us when it comes to "Save the Planet".

o

Anneliese, it's because they were part of the planet as it was

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here