Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 6 - 8- 12

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 13:16

In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me.
John Fowles

I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees. The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and saffron sunsets.
Hamlin Garland

I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.
Leo Buscaglia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 6 - 8- 12

Another set of great quotes, thank you, Don
It is really strange, the quotes are all attributed to persons of European descent, and yet in medieval Europe and even beyond that, Wood always appeared to be mysterious, dangerous places, just look at the fairy-tales of all countries, and in the general literature.
Focus always had been on Cities, towns and villages surrounded by cleared fields.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here