Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 6 - 25 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 25, 14 at 13:19

From the heart of the fountain of delight rises a jet of bitterness that tortures us among the very flowers.
Lucretius

For as long as I can remember, I have been passionately intrigued by 'Africa,' by the word itself, by its flora and fauna, its topographical diversity and grandeur; but above all else, by the sheer variety of the colors of its people, from tan and sepia to jet and ebony.
Henry Louis Gates

A camel makes an elephant feel like a jet plane.
Jackie Kennedy

When you're in a fighter jet and there's a dark layer of clouds with just one blue hole with the sun going through it, you shoot for that hole. You go vertical into the light, and suddenly, instead of gray and dark, it's light and blue. You are totally connected with the elements. You are in another world.
Yves Rossy

Bits and pieces flung into the universe, sticking in the sky like cotton balls on a jet black velcro surface.
Bradley Chicho

Everything has been homogenized. Over time, with television and jet travel, everybody has blended together. Some of our wonderful charm has been lost.
Bruce Paltrow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 6 - 25 - 14

Paltrow speaks of the melting-pot theory, I don't really like that, I rather think of a stew, full of interesting bits and pieces

o
RE: quotes 6 - 25 - 14

Oooo, I agree with Henry Louis Gates' quote. But I'll expand it to a whole lot of other countries, and even continents.
My family members have been sailors and in the merchant marines for generations. They brought back stories from other lands and peoples.
This was before we had movies, the web, just the verbal travel stories.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here