Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anneliese_32

Our hospital likes me too much.

anneliese_32
12 years ago

Several years ago a 10 day hospital stay for colon cancer ended in another surgery and a 23 day stay. A year later a outpatient hernia surgery resulted in a 6 day visit.

Last week after visiting my husband there I ran into a neighbor and was invited to drive home with her instead of calling a taxi. The way to the parking garage leads by the emergency waiting room. Just then a fight errupted and my neighbor got pushed into seats and I ended up against a wall corner and the tiled floor. She got 3 stitches and I ended up for 2 days in the bed next to my husband with a concussion. The doctor was not quit satisfied with the way I looked and send me to the lab bevore going home with hubby (Friday). Got call from my family physician on Monday to see my cancer doctor yesterday. Well, I was supposed to get a check-up in 2 weeks anyhow but she insisted that I see her. Got there yesterday afternoon and ended up with 8 hours and a blood transfusion for severe anemia.

Got to see my interior decorator aka 3 times surgeon on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't need a 4th rearrangement of my innards.

Comments (25)

• agnespuffin
    12 years ago

Oh, my goodness!! That is about too, too much.

Don't you have to wonder sometimes if maybe silly things like the hospital liking you too much is really true? There is just no reasonable explanation about how things happen in bunches like this.

• mawheel
    12 years ago

Not only will my fingers--toes, too--be crossed, but loads of cyber sunflowers will be sent, and prayers will be offered on your behalf. I agree with Agnes, this is too much--and enough is enough!

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

You know what they say---'There are no accidents'---only in YOUR case, there had to BE one, to prove the point!

If you'd just walked out the door, more time would've elapsed before you dire health issues were taken care of!

I'm really sorry you and your neighbour were tossed around like rag dolls.....
    Will you and she press charges against the guilty party/ies?

You're one tough chick, Anne!
    KJ

• User
    12 years ago

Good thoughts and energies to you and yours. Fights in emergency rooms, oh my what next? Things are strange out there in so many ways, weather, work, economy and relations on all levels. hoping the good will ultimately out weigh the bad on all fronts.

• pippi21
    12 years ago

"When it rains, it pours!" Was security called when the fight erupted in ER? Can you imagine the ER staff writing up that report? You know what, I bet things like the fight in ER happen more than we ever know or hear about. Addicts high on drugs, alcoholics and mentally unbalanced. If you interviewed ER Staff, oh, the stories they must be able to tell and the things they see. I think it takes a special type of person to work the ER. My hat's off to those persons.

• anneliese_32
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No sense suing the individuals, they don't have a dime. The hospital filed charges and we were not billed.
    Seems the individuals had been in a fight earlier, resulting in their transportation by different people to the ER, where of course the fighting started again. Security was there immediately and I was told that after their treatment the police picked them up. pippi21 you are right, they were both higher then kites.

• jazmynsmom
    12 years ago

Fingers are firmly crossed on your behalf. What a story! I suppose the bright spot in it all is, if you HAD to be hospitalized, at least you got to share a room with your husband.

You need to see if they've got some kind of a frequent visitor/mileage promotion. At the rate you're going, you've got to have earned some First Class perks by now! May they all expire before they can be used.

• lilod
    12 years ago

Oh Du lieber! I think you had enough on your plate as is, and then some extras you didn't need! Sending healing thoughts to you and your husband, a candle will be lit.
    Be well, or as well as possible

• anneliese_32
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jazmynsmom, if I have to stay at a hospital, I just as soon do it at ours. From the cleaning crew to the staff and the doctors, they are all very friendly and competent and try to make you feel that you are the most important person there and that includes visitors (the normal ones, not the fighters).

Thanks everybody for the good wishes, they help.

• gandle
    12 years ago

I guess fingers crossed. Hopefully you and yours will have a string of good luck now.

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

Oh my, you have had a difficult time. As gandle said ,"Hopefully you and yours will have a string of good luck now."

• petaloid
    12 years ago

For goodness sake! I'm glad you are being checked and cared for, but this doesn't sound like much fun at all.

• mwoods
    12 years ago

This doesn't even sound real..more like something from tv. It probably didn't seem real to you either when it all first started. Sure hope you are feeling better as well as your husband..who needs this stuff??

• lilod
    12 years ago

I'm really amazed that these two idiots were turned loose in the ER, here they would have been brought in by a Deputy, and they would have been handcuffed, checked by the ER Physician and then booked into the County Jail for disorderly conduct.

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

A friend of mine was an emergency nurse for years in a hospital that served several cities. She said that it depended what city was involved in how they treated emergency patients.

• anneliese_32
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lilo, the original fight was not known to the police. One guy was brought in by a family member, the other one by friends, the police did not get involved until the ER fight.
    Just for info if I go missing again: husband is back in hospital. His problem is most likely a not normally occuring interaction between 2 meds resulting in overactive kidneys, therefore severe de-hydration.

I myself have my north- and south plumbing inspected on Tuesday. Now I got to water my plants, where is the rain when it would be convenient for me? The birds are griping at me too, they got yesterday and today just 2 refills of the birdbath instead of the usual 4.

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

Anne, if I lived nearby, I'd happily trot over to your house and keep everything watered and loved 'til you came home again!

You take care of yourself and stay strong, friend!
    Prayers for hubby and you are forthcoming.

• lilod
    12 years ago

Hang in there, Anneliese - it's hard and I wish I could do something other than send sunflowers, healing vibes and light candles, but they all help, I believe. Sending hugs, if you like them, some don't. If you don't send them back
    Love
    Lilo

• mawheel
    12 years ago

Anneliese, you and DH are in my thoughts and prayers.

• anneliese_32
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everybody for your good thoughts, prayers, candles and sunflowers. I really appreciate them.
    My husband might come home tomorrow, he is doing much better since they dropped the Warfarin and changed a couple of other meds.
    There are still a lot of nice people in the world. When I left this morning, one of our neighbors was mowing his lawn
    (normal walk behind mower). When I got home a bit ago, my complete lawn was mowed and the two bushes in front of the house which I had started to cut back before the whole mess got going, were neatly trimmed and the garden watered as well as the birdbath refilled. Seems when another neighbor saw what he was doing, two more jumped in and did the trimming and watering.

• kathyjane
    12 years ago

Anne; that's just what you needed.
    God bless those neighbours of yours!

Now, if your husband comes home tomorrow, it'll be a GOOD weekend, for sure!

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

anneliese, I'm guessing that you are a very good neighbor yourself and that you help out when you can. What goes around, comes around.

• mawheel
    12 years ago

What a nice thing for your neighbors to do! Bet the birds appreciated it, too. :>)

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

anneliese, I hope your north and south plumbing inspection goes well and it will be all good news. I'm thinking about you and wishing you the best.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    12 years ago

I leave for a week and come back to this?! No way. I hope all is well with you and your husband. Good thoughts coming your way!

Sponsored
More Discussions