Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have another one for you...

Posted by agnespuffin (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 11 at 14:03

I think that I will have to stop reading the newspaper. Some of the articles are just too, too much for this old mind of mine to grasp.

We have a fashion column that I sometimes read a paragraph or two. The latest fashion news is somewhat beyond me.

But today, there was a little thing about water proof mascara for the beach. (nothing worse than going in the water and coming out with black streaks down your cheeks) And So, I read on about it.

Ok, wonderful news until I got to the name of the manufacturer. It was put out by......are you ready? Brace yourself.....URBAN DECAY

Would you put URBAN DECAY on your face? Especially near your eyes?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have another one for you...

Well, think of the women who slather themselves with Poison (perfume). Im not surprised that Decay follows Poison.

I don't put anything near my eyes. Too many reports of bacteria found in mascara, etc. causing infections. Sure, there are those who think that I (and other silver-heads) would "look better" wearing makeup, but I just don't care that much about the opinion of someone who is more interested in my looks than in my mind/character/sense of humor. I do care about my vision and refuse to risk it.

o

I'm sure I'm not one of their target audience in their ads. Never heard about them before. However, they seem to have a customer base, because they say they have been in business for 15 years. Someone must be buying their stuff.

o

It's more fun watching my daughters and DGD's when they're all dressed up to go somewhere special---they're just gorgeous and I get to watch the homefront while they're out and about---
HGTV on their flat-screen---here I come!

I think I look ghastly in makeup, now---hate the stuff.
(Can't find anything that is light in texture and airy.)

There was one exceptional woman in Atlanta some years back---ran into her in the ladies room of a restaurant---in her 70's or maybe, 80's, every shiny white hair in place, make-up was perfect,
nail polish, even her TOENAILS were painted--lovely sandles---total perfection.

I'm still in awe when I remember her.
My daughter said,
"Mom; this is the South and especially here in Atlanta, women take care of themselves, always.
Age has nothing to do with it."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here