Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Congratulations to . . .

Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 1, 11 at 14:44

Me! Though they're not really for me: my fourth great-grandchild --and first--great-granddaughter--was born yesterday, May 31, at 5:36 p.m. Baby and Mother are doing fine, but the nurses told Mom that if she hadn't been sent to the hospital by the doctor for some tests, the baby probably would have been born at home! We're happy and thrilled with this new addition to our family.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Congratulations to . . .

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 1, 11 at 14:48

Congratulations are in order for you, the Mama and the baby -

o

Congratulations to all!!!! Happy babies.

:)

o

Congratulations indeed! What a privilege to have and to meet one's great-grandbabies!

o

Congratulations, M!

Life gets better and better in some ways, doesn't it?!
Hope Mama and baby are doing well and they live close by so you can start spoiling that little girl!

Life is good.

o

I'm glad to hear about the new addition -- I'll bet she's a cutie!

o

So nice to have another to borrow and send back, one of the best parts of growing older. Congratulations.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 4, 11 at 14:17

Thank you, all, so much for your good wishes. Now, I'd like to ask for sunflowers, good thoughts, and prayers.

The baby has developed a "reflux" problem; it seems she regurgitates, begins to choke, and stops breathing! She has begun to turn blue, at least twice. She has been transferred to NICU and will stay there till the problem has been determined and corrected, please God. Her parents took a CPR course, this morning, with special emphasis on infants. Needless to say, we are all worried and scared.

o

• Posted by batya Israel north 8-9-10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 13:15

Very scary but it happens with newborns more than you think. Hopefully mom will continue to pump, and baby will slowly get over it. Causes more stress and worry for the parents than they thought possible, but usually clears up. The docs have lots of experience with this, unfortunately. You might suggest talking to a nursing consultant, even by phone if one isn't in your area. They're common these days - not like when I had mine - and may be able to reassure the parents from a practical, less clinical angle. Homeopaths are also well acquainted with this, if mom and dad are open to it. Newborns are such delicate little flowers, but their will to survive is astonishing. If the parents can get through it, the baby will too!
Many blessings............

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here