Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
That made me go to the library

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 15:45

Visitors yesterday at the museun from France and one of the stops they said they had to make was in Red Cloud NE. Willa Cather's home and site of the Cather museum. They said she was fluent in French and often wrote in that language. I had no idea, anyway, I've been neglecting my favorite author so went to the library this morning and checked out The Professor's House and Song of the Lark. Sure, I've read rhem before but I know of no other author who can so vividly describe a background or a scene. Don't ask which of her books is my favorite, that would be like telling which of my children is my favorite

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: That made me go to the library

I've never read Willa Cather. Maybe I will pick up one of her works.

o

One of my faves....My Antonia...being a fave from a fave author....Oh and the Arch Bishop...poor man!
Think I need to see what of her's I need to read, I am sure there are a few I have missed...Among them The Professor's House
Linda C

o

Willa Carter is is on my re-read list. It's been too long since I read her first.

o

Cather has always been one of my favorite authors and her books remind me of Wyeth paintings or rather vice versa.I've never read The Professor's House and am adding it to my list.

o

I had read most of her books beginning at about 12 years old. And they were reread often. I was working in the Gallup NM area for several months. I read Death Comes to the Archbishop for the first time. The descriptions were so three dimensional and every sensory experience was accurate.
I will pick up one of her books when I go to the libray today.

o

Lol, gandle, your post made me go to the library...
From France, to Nebraska to the Silicon Valley information is being shared. I checked out The Professor's House and My Antonia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here