Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A long cruise - Valencia, Spain - part 3

Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 17:32

Valencia's Central Market was built less than 100 years ago, although the exterior appears to be older. It is open 7:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. As a public market there is no admission.

What you see in this photo is the dome. I don't know if you will be able to see the wind vane at the top. Look close.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A long cruise - Valencia, Spain - part 3

• Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 17:34

Oh the things one can find at this place. We were in the building for less than 45 minutes. I was difficult to see it all in that short time.

o

Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 17:36

And more. There is a space set aside for fresh fish; however no vendors were there on the Monday late morning when we were in the building.

o

Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 17:39

Oh, to live in Valencia and go to the market any day, rather than the Farmer's Market Saturdays only here in Illinois.

o

Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 17:42

You might notice that in this photo and the last, there are hand-written signs that are not in Spanish.

o

Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 17:44

Oh my! Look at the size of that display case of locally made cheese! I have a close up of the cheeses, but the glass reflected too much and I didn't want you to think I am that bad.

o

Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 17:47

There should be no excuse for not eating your fresh fruits and veggies. With a market like this, one could shop 3 days a week and not really need a big refrigerator at home. Maybe a freezer for ice cream.

o

Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 17:49

"Our" wine guy. There are restaurants and tapas bars within the building, too.

o

Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 17:51

It wasn't until I got home and really looked at my pictures that I saw that small sign indicating no pictures! Dried produce and more.

o

Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 17:53

Cluck-cluck. One Euro = $1.35 US (about).

o

Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 17:56

Long aisles with vendors and vendors. I am sure that the local folks have their favorites.

Enough with this. Next, we'll begin a long walking tour of the older part of the city of Valencia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here