Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

First time this year

gandle
11 years ago

Had to turn the air conditioner on this afternoon. Temp near 100 but the humidity is in the 60% range. Not tolerable for us. Supposed to be cooler and lower humidity tomorrow. Hopefully, no A.C. needed.

Comments (6)

• gandle
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And then, beautifully cool this A.M.

• User
    11 years ago

Up and down here too but overall steady rise.

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

Here too, heat on in the AM, A/C in the PM.

• calliope
    11 years ago

Neither heat or air conditioning on here as the temperatures plummet or plunge from one extreme to the other. Windows open to let in cold air at night and blinds closed to the sun in the daytime when it's hot. Windows closed at night and blinds open for passive heat in the day when it's cold. We have never even owned a window AC until the morbidly hot stretch of days last year when it was to the point it was dangerous. It's not even in the window yet this year and the longer I can keep it put away the better. I do believe that most households should own one, however because there are times when (especially for children, the compromised and the elderly) it's the only sensible thing to do in times of extremes. But I surely don't want to rely on them out of convenience or habit.

• agnespuffin
    11 years ago

Oh, My!!!! what ever you do....don't ever move to the Georgia Coast. 60% humidity would be considered dry and pleasant.
    During the summer,95% to 100% is not unusual. You can sweat and watch it run down your body because it can't evaporate.

• calliope
    11 years ago

You are talking to the gal whose Mama took her in the dead of summer to holiday in Texas. LOL. Yeah........been there with the heat and humidity when we lived down south. I remember once a toadstool growing out of the floor under the commode, that humid. We carefully cleaned around it, curious as to how big it would get.

Sponsored
More Discussions