Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A long cruise - Palma, Mallorca - part 2

Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:29

Spaindaytours was our tour company again, and they did another wonderful job of having us see many things during our long day in Palma de Mallorca.

We elected to not go into the cathedral, but rather was walked around and enjoyed the city on our own. These pictures were ones that I took as we strolled around the older parts of the city.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A long cruise - Palma, Mallorca - part 2

• Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:32

I don't know if you can see them, at the top of this apartment building are posts sticking out. The stairs are very narrow in these old buildings and the only way to get furniture up and down is by using a pulley. The posts hold the pulleys.

o

Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:34

I did a lot of investigating and still cannot identify this flower. It almost appears to be a protea of some sort, but I cannot confirm that. However, the key here are the bees. There were several flowers and lots of bees.

o

Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:36

As we wandered, most of the streets were narrow, scooters were the only transportation that was practical, we could walk in the street. I saw this wonderful business sign.

o

Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:39

So many places to eat, we could not stop and sample. I would go back to Palma primarily to eat and enjoy some Spanish wines.

o

Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:42

This is Plaza Brassana. It is out of the way. No tourists would spend much time here - we would.

o

Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:44

Business hours for the Orient Express restaurant. It would take a while for me to adapt to eating meals at these times.

o

Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:46

An OLD olive tree in the city of Palma de Mallorca.

o

Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:47

Gotta go here to eat just for the name!

o

Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:49

This is on Plaza Brassana. I believe it is a B & B.

o

Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:54

Plaza Brassana has these recycle bins. And, they get used. Palma is a clean city, no trash strewn around.

Time to get back to the group. We will re-board our bus and make two stops at important places.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here