Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
They are dancing again

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 22:42

The yard is full of them. Wonderful choreography.I'm speaking of fireflies of course.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: They are dancing again

I love fireflies. Such a staple of Summer...haven't seen them here as yet.

o

yes I was just looking at them awhile ago. Dance of the Fireflies. The enchanted Forest.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 9:21

I'll have to go outside tonight when it's really dark and hope I see some. The problem will be the mosquitoes! They're fierce in the daylight; they'll be worse in the dark!

o

Sniffle, I don't get fireflys in California

o

I sniffle with lilo.I remember them from back east,
I read up on them a little bit, They light mostly during mating season, and the gals have a stronger light than the guys.

o

Ours have been dancing for about a week, I love to watch them. There are fewer than normally, but then insects seem to be absent this year. i have not seen one bee, the bumble bee who patrols our driveway disappeared in May, even the mosquitoes have not shown up despite all the rain. It's weird. By now the city usually sprays the ditches against the mosquitoes, not this year.

o

Our Mr. Bee who patrolled my garden, is MIA. Don't know why,

o

None here in the desert that is green due to Mulholland, except the fake ones at Disneyland. Miss them too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here