Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes 7 - 17 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 0:25

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
Edgar Allan Poe

I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.
Jules Verne

If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain

The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to admitting it.
Doug Larson

When I play with my cat, who knows whether she is not amusing herself with me more than I with her.
Michel de Montaigne

Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay not attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap.
William Bennett

There's kind of a toll you have to pay with a cat; if you don't pet her for 10 minutes she'll bother you for six hours.
Scott Adams

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes 7 - 17 - 14

All of these and

Some cats are blind,
And stone-deaf some,
But ain't no cat
Wuz ever dumb.

Anthony Henderson Euwer

Thanks for the oh so right quotes.

o

Love the cat truth, Maximus is the living proof of all the above. He's on my lap now, getting there by knocking my desklamp over with his butt and wanting to help spill my coffee with his headbutting.

Glad you are back

o

A box soothes all ills. -Murphy boo

....who loves to sit in them, play with paws flailing about in them, then finish them off fully, tabs ripped to smithereens with his sharp teeth. He seems so pleased when it's gone the gamut, makes me wish for a box big enough to get in and drive like it's a car. Ah childhood.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 18:08

Those are great quotes!

I've always been an animal lover, but leaned more towards dogs than cats, never thinking I'd become a 'cat person'. However, due to health problems of a family member five years ago, we took 'temporary custody' of Maggie, thinking she wouldn't be with us too long. Another 'however': Maggie now rules this house and we wouldn't/couldn't let her go! She has brought more pleasure and downright joy to DH and me than we would have thought possible.

Robb, Murphy Boo is precious! She looks small and dainty, but I bet she 'rules your roost'!

o

Great kitty quotes, Don.
Thanks and welcome back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here