Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 7 -10 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 0:26

Never just run through a study because you happen to be familiar with it, but use it to see what you can get from it on this new day which has been granted you.
James Galway

The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
James Galway

You cannot prepare enough for anything.
James Galway

I do not consider my self as having mastered the flute, but I get a real kick out of trying.
James Galway

Control of vibrato helps your musical expression.
James Galway

Everyone who plays the flute should learn singing.
James Galway

Here is a link that might be useful: James Galway/Schubert Arpeggione Sonata 1st mov

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 7 -10 -13

Don, you are on a roll. Concerts, photography and now my favorite instrumentalist, I really appreciate it; and on top I finally found out why my recorder playing is not good at all - I can't sing!

o
RE: quotes 7 -10 -13

I do like this one:"I do not consider my self as having mastered the flute, but I get a real kick out of trying."
James Galway

I sure get a kick out of being with people who like what they are doing. DD plays the flute and sings, Her so sings and plays the guitar, DH plays the piano, GS and I dance and DS sometimes take videos of the merriment.
None of us are masters of anything, but we sure have fun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here