Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 7 -21 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 0:32

Who is more in touch with the problems of this country? One of those guys who goes off to Oxford or to University of Yale, or someone who has lived in buses, in the Metro, in the street?
Gloria Trevi

People who want to understand democracy should spend less time in the library with Aristotle and more time on the buses and in the subway.
Simeon Strunsky

In our Nation, approximately 22.5 million children ride school buses to and from school each day, which accounts for 54 percent of all students attending grade school.
Kenny Marchant

We're investing record sums on buses and trains. We have a huge programme to encourage people to walk and cycle, and everyone up to and including the PM has been looking closely at how we can promote electric vehicles, hybrids, and other technologies.
Geoff Hoon

If you want to see life up close ride the bus for a couple of weeks. There will be many things revealed that will surprise most that have not experienced this separate world that is hidden from those that ride by themselves in their cars.
Me

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 7 -21 -13

I like your quote a lot, Don. I spent almost 1/4 of my life on Public transportation: trolleys, buses and trains, I agree life is more interesting that way.

o

Good quotes. Like Lilo, I spent a good amount of time on public transportation, it often was interesting.
Wish we had some here. There is since years talk about a bus line going from one end of the county to the other, but nothing becomes of it, after all, the powers to be drive their own cars and others, well there are always cabs, aren't there?

o

Great and timely quotes,Don.
I lived in Europe in my early years, I used public transportation, trolly, bus and trains. It worked very well.
Moved to CA some 50 years ago, and the auto was king.
Fast forward, our city has a public transportation hub, with light rail, train , bus terminal, both housing and businesses are built around this hub.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here