Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 7 -11 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 0:48

The character of instrumental music... lets the emotions radiate and shine in their own character without presuming to display them as real or imaginary representations.
Franz Liszt

The music of the Gypsies belongs in the sphere of improvisation rather than in any other, without which it would have no power to exist.
Franz Liszt

I did not compose my work as one might put on a church vestment... rather it sprung from the truly fervent faith of my heart, such as I have felt it since my childhood.
Franz Liszt

As the mother teaches her children how to express themselves in their language, so one Gypsy musician teaches the other. They have never shown any need for notation.
Franz Liszt

Mournful and yet grand is the destiny of the artist.
Franz Liszt

Here is a link that might be useful: Victor Borge - Franz Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsody #2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 7 -11 -13

Great way to start the day - the Hungarian Rhapsody! Thank you

o

It sounds great in the afternoon for me. Thanks.

o

Oh that was a fun video. Fits the quotes. Glad you posted it.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here